Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It: Jobs Chart

Finally, after a few weeks of traveling, I'm able to relax!  Seriously, over the last two weeks, I've driven over 1,000 miles!!  Crazy!  Anyway, since getting back, I've had time to make some stuff for school!

I ended up having a meltdown a day after getting back.  My printer, after installing $40 worth of ink, would not print anything correctly!  I spent three hours cleaning everything I could.  So, I went out and bought a new one.  I don't recommend EPSON.

Monday Made It: Alphabet
The first thing I "made" was Ladybug's Teacher Files round cursive alphabet.  I have to tell you about the tool I found at Hobby Lobby that made this project super simple.  It's a circle cutter from Martha Stewart!!  After I cut them out, I laminated them and used the circle cutter again.  I also scaled the alphabet down to 85% when I printed it... full size was just too big for me.


Monday Made It: Jobs Chart and Student Numbers
The second thing I made was a jobs chart.  Several weeks ago I posted that I had plans to make one, but had no idea how I wanted it to look.  I went for super simple...kinda.  I printed the job names on Avery Sticker Paper and cut out each one and stuck it to those super cute paisley pockets.  I couldn't figure out what type of glue to use to glue everything to the poster paper, but ended up using Rubber Cement.  Hopefully it holds!  What do you think?  PS, I believe I've said before that OCD is a disability.  I, seriously, had to measure everything!  :)


My friend and co-worker, Ms. P at Wild about Learning!, suggested that I try to find craft sticks with hands on them for the student numbers for the jobs chart.  Get it?  Lend me a HAND? :)  I looked all over the internet and found nothing, so I decided to make my own.  I designed, printed, cut, laminated, cut (again) and glued them to craft sticks.  You like?  I'm going to put a pocket off to the side to hold the extra sticks.

If you're interested in my labels or hands, they're available on TpT!

That's all I had time to make!  I finished reading Nicholas Sparks' memoir, Three Weeks with My Brother earlier this week.  His books make so much sense after reading it.  Saturday, I read (yes, all in one day) Nights in Rodanthe.  It was really good.  I think they changed too much in the movie, though. Typical.

We haven't heard yet when we will be able to get back into the school to work.  I went in to do interviews last Wednesday and was told that we would definitely be able to get in when the floors are done!  It would be nice to be able to do a few hours of work every day and not have to rush to get the room ready!  When are you all able to get into your rooms?
post signature

44 comments:

  1. Your job chart is too cute! And thanks for the idea about printing your alphabet smaller! All of the cute alphabets I have found this summer have been way to big for my needs. Now I can get the one I want and the size I want! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out girl!! Hope we #1 hear about our new hires soon and #2 can get in our classes super soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! :) I've been checking my school email... even though I get notifications on my phone!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love the job chart! What brand is your circle cutter? Looks like it's a great investment!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's Martha Stewart brand. :)

      Leslie

      Delete
  4. I love all of your projects!! Thank you for posting them on IG! It's very very fun to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I'm an Instagram addict! :)

      Delete
  5. Cute! Looks like you're making use of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ha! Don't be fooled, Morgan. I've been VERY lazy this summer. :)

      Leslie

      Delete
  6. I'm off to find the circle cutter. We don't have hobby lobby. What is your Instagram? Do I follow you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Probably not, I only have a personal instagram and not one for the blog. You're welcome to follow: leslierackley

      Leslie

      Delete
  7. I've never seen such cute colored pockets- where did you get those? Very cute job chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them in a teacher supply store in my home town, but I've seen them in several teacher stores!

      Thanks for reading!

      Leslie

      Delete
  8. I love your job chart! How did you make the labels for the pockets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used Microsoft Word. They're just the "rounded rectangle" shape with no background and a solid line border. Then I copied the same box, made it slightly smaller, and used the dashed line border. It was super simple to make!

      Thanks for reading!

      Leslie

      Delete
    2. Did you use clipart for the hands?

      Delete
    3. No, it's a PNG file that I found through google images. I just used the "recolor" option to change the color from white to the other colors. I tried to google it, but I can't find it. Leave your email and I can send it to you, if you like the one I used.... Or I can send you a PDF of my colored hands. Let me know! :)

      Delete
    4. Would you mind sending me a copy of the colored hands as well? I would really appreciate it!
      Thanks!
      jrdbaird@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me the PDF of your colored hands! Love them! kjoaaron@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would greatly appreciate if you could email me the PDF of your colored hands. I would also love your job title lables. What size labels are they?

    Thanks! My email is mjoyner@wcpss.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan, I tried to email the files, but the email was returned to me. Is it correct or do you have an alternate email?

      Delete
    2. Oops! I commented on the wrong comment!

      Try my personal email mkjoyner12@gmail.com please!

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. Can I also get the hands?? I had the same idea for my job chart -I used this my first year of teaching, but now I want to make it cute ;) LOVE the hands!!! If you are able to email them, my email is bbeverly@live.com. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're awesome!

      Not sure why it didn't work... try my personal email please. IT's mkjoyner12@gmail.com

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  12. Can I got the hands as well! My email is Ashli.grimes@cmcss.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! :) Would I also be able to get the job hands? They are so stinkin' cute and just what I am looking for! jess.a.roy@gmail.com. Thank you SO much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Love your hands! Could you send me your hands PDF? greenfield.kendra@gmail.com! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the job chart. I actually was thinking the same idea of the little pockets, but the little hands take it to another level. Would you please send them to me???
    ayleene27@yahoo.com

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, where can I find the hands and job labels? I would love to use them. Thanks

      sjw0627@gmail.com

      Delete
  16. I love the job chart! Would you mind sharing the file? :) steelyfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Came across your blog from Pinterest - love this chart! Would you be able to email me the PDFs as well? Glad I found you!

    Wertzr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the hands! You are so creative! Could you also email them to me please?
    haileyfrederick@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miss R!! I love your job chart - it is exactly what I was looking for to fit in my classroom. Is there a chance you could send me the file as well? Thank you so much!!
    engle_stephanie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am revamping my classroom and I love your job chart! Is there a chance you could please share your little hands with me? lmbusse4@gmail.com, thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I too would love the hands, if you don't mind! My email is asummers@effingham.k12.ga.us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how cute these are!I wish I was this creative!May I please have the job tags and hands too please? Thanks!
    aphipps@zizzers.org

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are very creative. Can I please have the job tags and hands as well. Thanks very much!!

    tayama754@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...