Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Classroom Tour {Video}

Just a quick entry with little text... I'm tired.  I'm considering this my "classroom tour."  I've included more picture and an actual video of my classroom.  Enjoy!  Please provide feedback and/or suggestions!! :)



I am in love with this set up.  I took the extra pieces of wood from the shelves and stacked them in the middle.
My desk/guided reading table.
Math manipulatives and general supplies.  PS the crayons are not missing a label - I just can't remember to turn the container around.
I made the labels using PowerPoint.
Reading area - the bulletin board will be for book recommendations.  All of the book baskets now have labels. :)
Pennant banners for science and math bulletin boards.
Data bulletin board.  We will graph class averages for common formative assessment.
Jobs chart on the door. 
Ticket out the door - it is hanging below the jobs chart.
Dismissal Checklist - I forgot to get a picture of it on the wall. :)
LadybugsTeacherFiles' alphabet on the wall.
Cups velcroed to the desk for pencils, expos, highlighters.  I've changed the seating arrangement.
Side of my file cabinet.  I'll post class pictures...when I can remember to take them!
 Again, please give me feedback! :)
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Love all the bright colors! We have the same circle pattern rugs -- great teachers must think alike ;)... I'm totally impressed you took a video! I was so exhausted today by the end of the day I had lost my stapler, phone, and other necessities numerous times. There is no way I could have taken a coherent video. So I had to call it quits!

    Looks great! Bravo!

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! :) I was mostly helping other teachers today, so I didn't get too loopy working in my room! Earlier this week, I probably wouldn't have been able to make a coherent video! :)

      Thanks for the feedback! I love it!

      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Wow, your room looks so nice! It is very inviting. I like your idea of cups velcroed to the table. I can tell you spent a lot of time on your room and it definitely paid off. Love it!

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great! I really love your teacher area! I've been really considering not having a teacher desk, but don't know if I'm organized enough to make it work!
    Abbey
    http://teachertalkwithmrst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teacher desks are a no-no at my school. Honestly, I love having a table over a desk. I think desks are feel like a "forbidden area" for students and I don't want that feeling in my classroom. If you ask me, I recommend pushing those teacher desks out of the door! :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Leslie

      Delete
  4. It looks awesome, Leslie!! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie!! I can't wait for you to make your way down there! You have a much farther walk this year than last year! :)

      Delete

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...